SV: Small LDAP question

Bruce Marriner bruce+kolab at bmts.us
Tue Mar 26 21:23:31 CET 2013

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 03:06 PM CDT, "Simon Forsell" <simon at simonforsell.se> wrote:

> Sorry, I wanted to reply to the group
>
> Hello!
>
> Great news! I am thinking of developing some iphone apps but I need to know a little bit more about the ldap schemes used...
>
> What are the default search base for the contacts? Anyone know? Like dc=example,dc=com etc...
>
> I browse the default dc=example, dc=com and I see the OU=people, and under people all the uid's, but there is no contacts etc under the uid...So I just wonder if anyone know how to reach them...

Simon, all the Contacts, Tasks, Calendar Events, Journal and Notes for Kolab are stored in IMAP, not LDAP.

Only user authentication information is stored in LDAP.  For user accounts you can search the LDAP within ou=people,dc=example,dc=com but that will only give you system users as you've already discovered.

To access user contacts and calendar information you would either need to use Activesync or in Kolab 3.1 possibly use CalDAV, CardDAV, otherwise you'll need to learn more then I know anything about :) and learn how to read the data from the IMAP folders.