[Kolab3] syncroton or z-push

Bruce Marriner bruce+kolab at bmts.us
Tue Mar 26 17:17:46 CET 2013

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:23 AM CDT, Henne Holly <henne.gwath at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder how to get those components installed? Syncroton setup-kolab
> runs fine, but it seems that nothing have changed? How to verify this?

kolab syncrotron should be installed and enabled by default. Z-push is no longer part of Kolab as I understand.

Kolab Syncrotron is just a PHP application that can be accessed at the /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync   sub-url of your FQDN. So if your FQDN is kolabiscool.org then you could test connecting to the activesync via the url http://kolabiscool.org/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync and you should get a login prompt. You can login with your username and password and should get a simple screen saying "It works"

You can view the Apache configuration file for Kolab Syncrotron here:
/etc/httpd/conf.d/kolab-syncroton.conf

You can view the PHP files here:
/usr/share/kolab-syncroton/

This is all on CentOS 6.4.  Paths may differ on your distribution.