[Kolab 3] Installation on ubuntu server

Henne Holly henne.gwath at gmx.de
Mon Mar 25 11:49:09 CET 2013

Hey!

Got it. You have to use the ubuntu quantal-repository to install 389-ds
LDAP-services (because of some very recent dependencies like perl) and
the kolabsys-wheezy repository for kolab3 packages.

It's important to install 389-ds from quantal BEFORE kolab. One could
overcome this mayhaps by using preferences for the 389-packages
(ToDo->Wiki).

Note: Setup throws python exceptions like 'No such object', 'Already exists'
if you perform setup-kolab more than once.

I began to run the steps as single components. However some of them exit
with exceptions.

# setup-kolab mta
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/setup-kolab", line 42, in <module>
     setup.run()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/__init__.py",
line 43, in run
     components.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py",
line 202, in execute
     components[component_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_mta.py",
line 242, in execute
     insert_path = insert_paths[(len(insert_paths)-1)]
IndexError: list index out of range

Any idea? However, for those things, dev-list would be better?

kind regards,
Henning