Mail-enabled POSIX User: Secondary email (alias) ist not a list in kolab-webadmin.

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at algo.mur.at
Sun Mar 24 22:40:57 CET 2013

Hello,

I wanted some of my Kolab-User become Mail-enabled POSIX User for a
login server over ldap. (after transferring the mail)

I wanted to add users as Mail-enabled POSIX User, and have some rules
to autogenerate
secondary email addresses, which should be alias attributes, in the
kolab-webadmin this is not handled as list
like in adding Kolab-User, so it get messed up like
"firstname.lastname at example.orgflastname@example.org", also
adding additional alias is not possible.

a) Is there some reason alias not a list ?

b) To avoid trouble in advance I ask for advice ?
  How to change a user from Kolab-User to  Mail-enabled POSIX User,
without touching (changing) the password (I don't now). Which tool ?

If I delete a Kolab user and add as a is the email storage affected
from this

mfG
  Winfried Ritsch

PS: Used Debian Wheezy with update-testing archive.

--
---- Atelier Algorythmics ----
Winfried Ritsch