Advice needed: Migration Dovecot to Kolab Cyrus.

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Sat Mar 23 00:10:37 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:31:07AM +0100, Winfried Ritsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It now seems to work fast execpt one failure with nesting folders I cant fix,
> e.g:
>
> Host1:

> Host1 folder [art]
>    Host1 Folder art: Could not examine: 995 NO Mailbox isn't selectable: art
> Host1 folder [art/anfragen]
>     Size:   6401396 Messages:    17 Biggest:   5646848
>
> What I saw was that the mailbox  art (\HasChildren) but is no mailbox storage,
> so it is not selectable, imapsync doesnt move it.

Does Imapsync move the Children?

> In Roundcubemail, the art mailbox is greyed out and when I try to subscibe it,
> it says "SUBSCRIBE mailbox does not exist", which is true looking at kolab
> listmailboxes.  Even art/anfragen is there.
>
> Also this would be no problem, but using KMAIL, the mailbox-folder and all
> their children is not listed, so I cant use it.
>
> I just put the script used below if someone interrested.
>
> Any hint how to fix this ?

If it is just the one mailbox, I would be tempted to take the easy
way out and make it selectable on the Dovecot server.

There is this in the changelog:

1.500
Enhancement: Added option --nocheckselectable to fix INBOX issue with Jana-server.

Perhaps that would convince imapsync to create the mailbox on host2?
I have not used it.

> # --- Use uid instead of header
> MAILMATCH="--useuid --expunge2 --subscribe_all"

Users may be surprised if they are suddenly subscribed to folders
that they had previously unsubscribed in order to avoid syncing
that data to their mobile devices.

lambert at lambertfam.org