Stable Kontact client for Kolab3

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Tue Mar 19 18:14:33 CET 2013

On 2013-03-19 9:10, Bruce Marriner wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:10 AM CDT, Mat Cantin
> <mat at cantinbrothers.ca> wrote:
>
>> I have tried Outlook 2013 with ActiveSync, it actually didn't really
>> work very well. It seem to poll the server way to much and often
>> "refresh" the inbox, specially when changing folders. Also, it would
>> not
>> sync any other folder than the Inbox regardless of what folders were
>> set
>> to sync in the kolab settings. The other annoying thing was that it
>> would show all the calendars set to sync as one calendar with no way
>> tell which was which. My recommendation is to stay away from this for
>> now.
>>
>> On a related note, I've gotten some good new from Bynari. In my
>> opinion, if you want a fat client on Windows, Outlook with the Bynari
>> connector this is the way to go.
>>
>> Following is there message to me:

I actually think Activesync is not the way to go for desktop clients.
It might be ok for the one-off user, but Activesync does not support any
of the advanced features that are found in the webmail interface or the
Bynari connector such as being able to share resources with other users
like mail boxes, calendars and contacts, setting up server side filters
etc. For my users, many who come from an Exchange environment, these
features are essential to have for the desktop client.

--
Mat