Plain POP3 with Kolab3

Kolab Users kolab-users at ostech.com.au
Thu Mar 14 02:48:33 CET 2013

Hi,

We have a POP client that we'd like to POP to the Kolab3 server with
plain text, port 110.

We've configured cyrus on /etc/imapd.conf to allowplaintext passwords,
which allowed us to telnet to port 110 of the host and use "USER, PASS,
LIST" to successfully login and list the items.

/var/log/maillog shows the connection as pop3 and not pop3s, which is
what we want.

When the POP client is configured, every connection it makes to the
Kolab3 server gets answered with pop3s, not pop3, even when we tell the
POP client to connect as plain POP3 port 110.

We've looked at various ways to try and "fix" this but can't find
anything on the web which shows how to get the cyrus-imapd server under
Kolab3 to answer as pop3 and not pop3s.

Anyone know how to get cyrus-imapd answering as pop3?

Thanks.

Michael.