Calendar events sent to Outlook client do not work

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Thu Mar 7 19:29:45 CET 2013

Greetings,

I've come across an odd behavior with Kolab calendar ICS event that are
sent to users using Outlook as their email client: events just show up
as a downloadable ICS attachment instead of giving them the option to
Accept/Deny/Maybe like other events. I've confirmed this on Outlook
2003/2007/2010/2013 and Office 365 webmail. Testing it with Gmail
accounts worked without issue.

The only thing I can think of is that Outlook doesn't like the ICS
formating. Is this because Microsoft is again not conforming to
standards? I hope there's a workaround, a lot of people use Outlook in
my part of the world.

--
Mat