Trouble sending/receiving attachments over a certain size

Fеnикs fenuksuh at ya.ru
Fri Mar 1 04:37:13 CET 2013

Hello!

There are 4 parameters you'll need to look at:
1. post_max_size and upload_max_filesize in php.ini — they will only limit the
size of attachments uploaded via webclient.
2. message_size_limit in postfix/main.cf — this will limit the size of the
whole letter in postfix in bytes. Keep in mind, that this includes the text of
the message itself and, if attachment is not a text file, it will be base64
encoded increasing it's size by about 1/3.
3. max_allowed_packet in mysql/my.cnf — this parameter also limits message
attachment size, as Kolab passes messages through database.

So, if you'd like to allow your users to send mails with binary attachments of
30M maximum, values would be something like:
php.ini:
post_max_size = 30M
upload_max_filesize = 30M
postfix/main.cf: