SyncKolab 3

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Sun Jun 30 22:32:33 CEST 2013

On Sunday 30 June 2013 15:55:39 you wrote:

Hi,

      thanks for the info... There is some kind of kolab utility to test
it, but I wasnt yet able to get it to run yet.

      I tried to get sample files in order to ba as compatible as
possible and created unit tests to check the in/output based on      the
vairous formats (which worked quite well for kolab1+2)

      Unfortunately with kolab3 I got quite different formats over the
time, so I still have some bugs in there. I will try to get a hold      of the
libkolab test utility and try to fix whatever I can.      Unfortunately I only
have very limited time this month, so I will      onlybe able to fix obvious
issues and start with the more in depth      things next month.

      Niko

      On 06/29/2013 04:27 PM, Mihai Badici wrote

Ok, so I think I found some tricks:

1. The xml parts must have application/calendar+xml content type.
2. the "created" and "dtstamp" attributes are mandatory.
3.  The x-custom-sensitivity must be replaced with <class>  tag
4. The  x-custom-show-time-as must be replaced but I didn't find a tag for
that, we could test by removing it.
5  The final Z from dtstart and dtend must be removed

I hope will be enough to make it work. I could modify myself but I think if
it's you who made the changes we avoid to mess the code.

As i see, in synckolab there are attributes:

<sensitivity>public</sensitivity>=0A          <show-time-as>busy</show-time-
as>

In the example at:        https://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab_3.0_Storage_Format
the category is designed as:

<class>
     <text>PRIVATE</text>
</class>
I think the status is represented as        numerical value, I'm not sure.

Also, in synckolab this section in missing:

<created>
             <date-time>2009-09-01T12:52:58Z</date-time>
           </created>
           <dtstamp>
             <date-time>2012-05-05T05:05:05Z</date-time>
           </dtstamp>

Here, the timestamp contains the final "Z" ;        dtstart and dtent does not
contain this Z in example , which is        present in synckolab

I found also the content-type of attachment        in roundcube produced
objects is application/calendar+xml, but        in synckolab is
"application/x-vnd.kolab.event"

I loose half a day trying out to figure how        the xml must look like but
whith little success.
There is a list somewhere with mandatory        attributes for calendar entry?

Also, do we have an utility in libkolabxml        package to validate a text
entry?

I could spend some time on this issue, but        without some clear
definition it's like guessing ....

On Friday 28 June 2013 00:03:55 you wrote:

On Wednesday 22 May 2013 14:24:23 you wrote:

>It should work with the current nightly.        I fixed everything I could
find >but I didnt have time to        test it completely yet.

        > Chec kout the new nightly and maybe write a bug report if        it
still >does not work.

I tried to find why calendar is still not        working in synckolab.

I find this error in webserver's log:
error: element 'dtstart' is not allowed for        content
model'(uid,created,dtstamp,sequence?,class?,categories?,dtstart?,dtend?,duration?,transp?,rrule?,rdate?,exdate?,recurrence-
id?,summary?,description?,priority?,status?,location?,organizer?,attendee*,attach*,x-
custom*)'
Critical:        /root/libkolabxml-master/src/xcalconversions.h 1878: Failed

Mihai Badici
http://mihai.badici.ro