kolab 3

Mat Cantin mat at cantinbrothers.ca
Tue Jun 25 20:05:04 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-25 1:41, dirk adamsky wrote:
> Hello Matt and Geoff,
>
> thank you both for your answers.
> Unfortunately I do have a significant number of Outlook/Thunderbird
> users.
> Based on your experiences I will go for sogo groupware because of the
> better mailclient support.
> I will keep an eye on the kolab development though.

Last time I checked SOGo didn't support activesync at all, instead using
the Funambol connector. My experience with Funambol is this: your going
to have nothing but problems unless your using an actual Funambol
server, from devices not being supported equally with some phones only
being able to sync contacts but not calendars, to weird syncing
behaviours that drain batteries, to needing to also separately setup
IMAP for email. Compared to Activesync, it's an IT support nightmare
unless you can dictate which smartphone yours users use and create one
set of instructions. Activesync is the killer feature you should be
looking for if you're serious about having your users connect with their
smartphones.

--
Mat