Kolab-webadmin and ldaps

Emmanuel MICHEL emmanuel.michel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jun 18 20:21:47 CEST 2013

Le 18/06/2013 08:55, Klos, Paul a écrit :
> With ldaps, the (SSL) connection is made to a different port number.

To be more precise, with ldaps (which can be over SSL or over TLS)
connections are made on 636 port and that's what I achieve but
kolab-webadmin seems not to like it at all. Hence my question : what is
the difference between tls and ldaps parameters in uri as ldaps is ldap
over SSL or over TLS...

> With TLS, the connection starts out as a regular connection on the
> standard port number and then gets 'upgraded' to an encrypted
> connection.

Yes, that's what we call StartTLS and which I mentioned in my first
message I don't want to use. Is this 'tls' uri in fact StartTLS?

As regards deprecated usage according to wikipedia, 389-ds manual
specifies "The encrypted port number _must not_ be the same port number
used for normal LDAP communications. By default, the standard port
number is 389, and the secure port is 636." So, for now, I would prefer
to config following 389-ds advice.

Whatever... still no luck with kolab-webadmin and ldaps over tls.

Bests,

Emmanuel