ActiveSync: Problems when syncing

Liutauras Adomaitis liutauras.adomaitis at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 08:22:08 CEST 2013

I see 2 different problems discussing in this thread:
- LG phone cannot connect to Kolab ActiveSync service
- And ActiveSync is not working at all.

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM, Jochen May <jochen at jmay.org> wrote:

> Am Montag, 8. Juli 2013, 10:14:21 schrieb Torsten Grote:
> > On Sunday 07 July 2013 17:38:10 Jochen May wrote:
>  > > I can not sync with the server. My LG phone says that the server
>  > > is ot reachable and i shoud try it later.

I am with you, but unfortunately, as I wrote in my previous post, I
migrated to Cyanogenmod 10.1 and don't have any ActiveSync issues any more.
So conclusion here - LG stock ROM to blame.

>  > Does https://yourserver.com/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync work in your
> case,
>  > or also only http?
>
> Only http works. If i try it with https i get an error that the object is
> not
> found.
> For the moment http is ok for me....

You probably have different configs for http and https virtual hosts in
apache.

> Syncron creates no log-files. But the debug option is true.
> In the apache log i see only in the access log, that the lg phone is
> connecting. The error log keeps empty.

    $rcmail_config['activesync_debug'] = true;
    $rcmail_config['activesync_user_log'] = true;

to make syncroton log separate files for each user.
You need to be sure, that you are accessing correct URLs (hostnames
included)

Liutauras