SyncKolab 3

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Tue Jul 2 11:25:26 CEST 2013

On Tuesday 02 July 2013 11:03:55 you wrote:
> Hi,
> I added your change as-is (except adding a todo). I might have some
> time this weekend to take a closer look...
>
> @rewrite: Messages are only rewritten if there is a difference between
> the "locally generated" and the "server side" version. This is the
> reason I need support for all fields (even custom ones), because without
> these, there is ALWAYS a difference between the version read from the
> server and the one locally. The basic logic is described on the
> synckolab webpage. Basically I generate a javascript object out of the
> data from the server and compare it to the cached version locally (the
> "sync db" is just a bunch of json files which represend the entries).
>
> Niko

I'm not sure this approach is the best.

I think normaly  you could verify if a calendar or contact is "read" with the
imap mail library. If it is already read, you don't have a reason to change
it.
As i remember, the "change " must be always a "delete" and "create" mail ( aka
calendar)
That way, the event could appear as "new" for all other imap clients. And at
least we don't broke other entries :)