kolab-3 alternate LDAP UUID

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Jan 30 18:44:56 CET 2013

On 2013-01-28 07:26, Thomas Baumann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Due to migration reasons from another e-Mail Solution to kolab, Users
> want
> to use their old Login Data (which was a UUID like). The LDAP UUID is
> created automatically and not overidable.

The uid (a UUID is something entirely different, I'm afraid) is
generated only because it is configured to be generated. Similarly, it
is also read-only merely because it is configured to be read-only in the
webadmin form(s).

This is just a default configuration though, one that you should be
able to edit through the "Settings" page in the web admin - click the
little pencil next to the 'uid' row and select the value to be
"Generated" rather then "Generated (read-only)".

Note that "save" needs another "save" at the bottom of that page.

Now, if this doesn't work, you have an issue I would love to see
reported on issues.kolab.org.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--