Kolab 3 UID

schmerold2 at gmail.com schmerold2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:22:36 CET 2013

In our environment, we find that it works best to have a three letter uid

I have installed Kolab 3, it insists on using surname for uid and nearly
as bad (for us - people change their names from time to time) it uses
"name^uid" in the IMAP directory structure.

Is it possible to specify our own uid and to use that as the source of
the directory structure?

In other words, abc's messages would be stored in:
  /var/spool/imap/domain/e/example.com/a/user/abc/

We're running Centos 6, vanilla installation:
   yum -y install kolab
   setup-kolab

There have been a couple references to the first part of this issue in
the archives, answer seems to have something to do with
auto_fields_admin_rw value in kolab.conf, however, I have not found
documentation telling me what to do with this value or where to insert it.

Nice job on Kolab 3, I am looking forward to working with it.