vacation again

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Fri Jan 18 07:05:44 CET 2013

I just installed kolab on a virtual machine to see all system working

As I see, there is no vacation interface, nor vacation attribute in kolab
schema.

During more than 10 years managing mail servers I find vacation as most
required feature - nowadays is probably the second, first is becoming mobile
syncronization.
On my servers, I use ISPenv2 schema only because contains attributes for
vacation. kolab schema is more complex and I plan to switch someday, but never
without vacation .
( I use vacation in conjunction with gnarwl; i also have a small content
filter for postfix in testing to replace it, but is not stable yet) .
I know there are some security concerns about vacation, but I think there are
overestimated, there are good enough antispam engines.
So, there are plans to integrate vacation or to deal otherwise with this
requirement?

--
Mihai Badici
http://mihai.badici.ro