Newer than Wheezy Korganizer?

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Tue Jan 15 21:50:02 CET 2013

> If somebody is willing and able to build client packages for the Debian
> distributions that are not so much outdated, I welcome them to give it a
> go - I can offer a mirror, APT repository, a build system and the bunch
> of APT packaging git repositories for the exercise.
>
> One could use these to attempt building the packages for the current
> distributions, and then aim to have the work be included with upstream
> for Debian Sid, for example.

There's a reasonable chance that Kubuntu Raring will have a working Kolab
configuration. They have libkolab 0.2.1 and libkolabxml 0.7.0 in the
distribution and their kdepim-runtime does depend on them.

After discovering no one else appears to have updated Debian, I went ahead and
tried to build enough of KDE for me to try Kolab 3.

I am running kontact 4.9.97 right now. Though I'm currently distracted from my
packaging efforts by trying to understand how the Kolab server components work.

The Debian KDE developers dislike Kubuntu's packaging, so it will take some
time and effort to convert Kubuntu packages to Debian packages.

To show my current progress I dumped my working directory into
http://woldlab.caltech.edu/~diane/kde4.10/

That URL and its contents should be considered highly volitile. I hope to get
rid of it by managing to contribute cleaned up packages somewhere more offical.

Diane