Newer than Wheezy Korganizer?

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Jan 15 14:57:33 CET 2013

On 2013-01-03 14:19, Mihai Badici wrote:
> At the moment those packages are rather
> unknown and rather betas,

I'm afraid that's simply not true. We actively ship and support
libkolab and libkolabxml for one of those other distributions frequently
used on a workstation, and all we would need in order to include those
packages in Debian itself (and therefore Ubuntu as well, but they have
versions of these packages already) is somebody that is willing and able
to go through the sponsorship process and become a Debian developer /
package maintainer.

> so the sane option will be not to include them in
> the distribution package.

If somebody is willing and able to build client packages for the Debian
distributions that are not so much outdated, I welcome them to give it a
go - I can offer a mirror, APT repository, a build system and the bunch
of APT packaging git repositories for the exercise.

One could use these to attempt building the packages for the current
distributions, and then aim to have the work be included with upstream
for Debian Sid, for example.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--