kolab 3 on "Linux vServer" (provider netcup GmbH)

Thomas Jensch riepernet at fsfe.org
Mon Jan 14 10:27:15 CET 2013

Hello,

since quite some time now I am trying to participate in the
beta-testing, but installation always crashes when trying to start the
dirsrv-service during kolab-setup. I am using the .rpm packages with
Centos as distribution.
The vServer in question is hosted by netcup GmbH / Karlsruhe / Germany
and they are running the vServers with "Linux vServer" virtualization.
Now i got my hands on another vServer, running on kvm, and the
installation succeeded (although i was still unable to send and recieve
mail :/ ). Well, this led me to the guess, "Linux vServer" has something
to do with the crash during install/setup. Now I do have a couple of
questions:
Does somebody has a netcup vServer and is able to run kolab 3?
Is it indeed a problem with "Linux vServer"?
Should I ask the company to fix $something? What?
Is it a Layer8 problem? (Basically i just followed the documentation for
rhel/centos)
Any other ideas? (I could provide the crash reports as well, of course)

mfg
Thomas Jensch