Newer than Wheezy Korganizer?

Torsten Grote grote at kolabsys.com
Thu Jan 3 13:35:05 CET 2013

Hi Diane,

thanks for your interest in Kolab.

On Monday 31 December 2012 10:47:29 Diane Trout wrote:
> I noticed that you're packaging Kolab 3.0 for wheezy, but the korganizer
> packages are pretty old.

We are packaging the Kolab _server_ for wheezy, but not the client.

> Is there a newer repository for the clent for wheezy somewhere, are people
> running kubuntu, or are people just building from source?

I'm running Debian myself, but since the packages are so old and the situation
doesn't seem to be improving, I switched to building from source.

https://kolab.org/blog/grote/2012/10/04/compiling-kde-kontact-source

> I was hoping for something a little cleaner having half of of kde installed
> into my home directory.

I put it in /opt/kde but that's only marginally cleaner.

> (Or the pain of building my own KDE snapshot debian packages.)

As far as I know, the KDE Debian packagers seriously lack womenpower, so if
you could help them out with packaging, that would be awesome!

Regards,
Torsten

--
Torsten Grote, Kolab Evangelist