Error: Folder appears in listing but can not be accessed "mailbox does not exist"

Henning Holly henne.gwath at gmx.de
Wed Jan 2 17:58:07 CET 2013

Hi,

I recently ran into a problem with cyrus and shared folders. I have a
kolab server running whose setup involves a cyrus imap server.

So, I created a simple shared folder, which appears as
shared.folder at domain in cyradm's mailbox-listing ("lm *" as cyrus-admin
user).

If I connect as client via IMAP/SASL (mail: user at domain, login: user) it
gets listed as shared.folder only and I cannot access it, because cyrus
claims that the "mailbox does not exist".

How can I resolve this?

kind regards,
Henning