Public free (libre) mailbox hosting service for everybody!

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Thu Feb 28 10:15:57 CET 2013

On 2013-02-27 22:11, אנטולי קרסנר wrote:
> If it's possible, we'll do it. Also, if users had to pay for such a
> service, it would be okay. I don't mind paying for my free software
> stack. I'd actually find it a way to contribute back to the people and
> projects which deserve it. The point is not money; such a service can
> get funds. The point if FREEDOM.

Did you see

http://kolabsys.com/news/make-it-your-kolab-kolab-systems-launching-mykolabcom-public-beta

You can sign up at

    https://kolabsys.com/mykolab

for your own personal Kolab 3 based groupware account.

We're currently still in public beta, but are working to turn this into
a full public service.

It will be paid for (pricing to be announced) but 100% Free Software &
Open Standards and we'll gladly guarantee that we (a) give no-one access
to your data outside of what we're required to comply with by law and
(b) you can get all your data from us whenever you feel like it. Details
left to be defined, we're working on that.

But the basic idea seems very close to what you describe in your email.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve