Kolab-setup error: ldap.NO_SUCH_OBJECT: {'desc': 'No such object'}

Otto Kekäläinen otto at seravo.fi
Tue Feb 26 14:02:29 CET 2013

2013/2/26 Otto Kekäläinen <otto at seravo.fi>:
> 2013/2/26 Nik Middleton <nik.middleton at antheus.co.uk>:
>> selinux disabled?
>
> I disabled SELinux and tried again, same error message. It is something else..

I eventually reinstalled the whole CentOS and now I got it working.
Seems that the setup-kolab Python script is very brittle, it must run
perfectly on the first time or it will it won't do it's job at all.

I've been now evaluating Kolab for possible customer use. The basic
functionality and Roundcube mail is nice, but I have yet to figure out
how e.g. you can add write-rights to users for resource calenders, how
to edit the global address list etc. The documentation at
http://docs.kolab.org/ is very technical / administration oriented,
and there are very little how-to kind of information on the features
in Kolab and how to benefit from them.

- Otto