Newbie, Help

Phlegx - Register register at phlegx.com
Fri Feb 15 14:18:29 CET 2013

Hi Dale!

*SOME CHECKS*

- Check the log with:

$ tail -f /var/log/maillog

- Test the imap server

$ imtest -a user.me -m login -p imap -v localhost

- Check open firewall ports if you have one active
- Check open ports (imap 25,146,993,578,...)

$ netstat -npl

- Here some commands to check the cyrus-imapd

  http://oreilly.com/catalog/mimap/chapter/ch09.html

*NEW INSTALLATION*

If you cannot solve the problem re-install Kolab 3.0. Here my commands
(CentOS 6.3, 15. Feb. 2013):

- Update and install packages

    $ yum -y update
    $ yum install yum-plugin-priorities

- Epel 6.x must be installed, if not installed do the following
- Get RPM link on
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/repoview/epel-release.html

    $ cd
    $ wget
    http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
    $ yum localinstall --nogpgcheck epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
    $ yum -y update

- Search and install Kolab

    $ cd
    $ wget
    http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/redhat/kolab-3.0/el6/development/i386/kolab-3.0-community-release-6-2.el6.kolab_3.0.noarch.rpm
    $ yum localinstall --nogpgcheck
    kolab-3.0-community-release-6-2.el6.kolab_3.0.noarch.rpm
    $ yum -y install kolab-3.0-community-release-development
    $ yum -y install kolab

- Setup Kolab

    $ setup-kolab

- Setup input config

  * Domain: yourdomain.com
  * Timezone: Europe/Vienna
  * See the created conf file.

    $ cat /etc/kolab/kolab.conf

- Configure SSL for LDAP (optional)

    $ cd
    $ wget https://raw.github.com/richm/scripts/master/setupssl2.sh
    --no-check-certificate
    $ sh ./setupssl2.sh /etc/dirsrv/slapd-chaos202-collab/
    $ service dirsrv restart
    $ service dirsrv-admin restart

- Configure SSL for Kolab Web Admin (optional)

    $ nano /etc/httpd/conf.d/nss.conf

- Add listener for port 443 and add default virtual host port 443 to
<VirtualHost>

Listen 8443
Listen 443

<VirtualHost _default_:8443 _default_:443>

- Restart server or service

        $ service httpd restart

Cheers,
Phlegx