Free Busy with Kolab3

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Feb 7 19:37:34 CET 2013

On 2013-02-07 17:37, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> On 2013-02-07 17:31, Onno Hensgen wrote:
>> I changed the line to 'uri = imaps://localhost:143'. Works like a
>> charm now!
>>

> Thanks - meanwhile I've found the time to look at patching the RPM
> packages, so an update is pending fixing the issue once and for all.

Hi Onno,

I'm having problems getting the necessary fix to result in a built
package that passes tests.

I would recommend that, for now, you continue to use
"imaps://localhost:993" for the regular kolab.conf, and copy the file
over to a different location and set "imap://localhost:143" in that
file, to then specify that configuration file to be used as part of the
cronjob that executes kolab-freebusyd (the --config|-c option).

If not, the kolab daemon will fail attempting to use (the core python
module) IMAP4_SSL against port 143, or fail to use IMAP4 against 143, as
IMAP4 (again, the core python module) does not support STARTTLS.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG