Kolab 3 on Debian wheezy, kolab-utils missing?

Otmar Stahl o.stahl at lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Feb 6 10:18:44 CET 2013

Hello list,

On 01/30/2013 10:29 AM, Otmar Stahl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Yesterday I started playing with Kolab 3 on Debian wheezy. I had some
> success, but also a number of problems:
>
> Sending of mails fails with a TLS error: this seems to be a known ssl
> problem of Kolab 3 on Debian wheezy.
>
> http://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-devel/2013-January/014058.html

Below are more details about my failure to send emails. This is a
standard setup of kolab3 on Debian wheezy.

When trying to send a mail with roundcube, there is a return mail from
the mailer daemon. This mail reaches me because I have setup a forward
of the postmaster address to my email (with /etc/aliases).

The subject of the mail is:

"Postfix SMTP server: errors from localhost[127.0.0.1]"

The mail content is:

"Transcript of session follows.

 Out: 220 srv1n.lsw.uni-heidelberg.de ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
 In:  EHLO srv1n.lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
 Out: 250-srv1n.lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
 Out: 250-PIPELINING
 Out: 250-SIZE 20971520
 Out: 250-VRFY
 Out: 250-ETRN
 Out: 250-STARTTLS
 Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
 Out: 250-8BITMIME
 Out: 250 DSN
 In:  STARTTLS
 Out: 454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem
 In:  RSET
 Out: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first
 In:  QUIT
 Out: 221 2.0.0 Bye

For other details, see the local mail logfile"

The postfix log (mail.log) is attached to this mail.

For me, this looks like a TLS problem, maybe because the standard
location of the certificates is different on Debian?

Kind regards,
Otmar