SyncKolab 3

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Mon Dec 16 23:21:02 CET 2013

I had some time to spend on those old issues:

>I tried the new nightly. Some weird thing happen frequently.
>1. local changes in TIME (not description, location etc.) lead to
>duplicates (old and new state). Those duplicates are somehow linked. If
>you move them in the roundcube calendar. Both entries are moved.

I think there is a bug in synckolab.js. Entries to be updated are deleted
first ( i think is line 1265).
I'm not sure what is the ideea, but commenting this line seems to work.

>2. local changes in summary or location fields are not auto-synced.
I think is related to the previous point
>3. Changes in roundcube are not autosynced most of the time. Lightning
>throws "modification failed". Manual sync works in those cases.
>4. locally changed all-day events are corrupted and not shown
afterwards
>in roundcube.
For all time events, all time variables don't provide the hour part, only the
date ( instead of 2013-12-16T:00:00:00Z there is only 2013-12-16)
The date is not recognized by libkolabxml; it is easy to fix that but I'm not
sure why Nico had used this format ( lightning requirement?)

I also found a bug regarding "category"; this field is not recognized by
libkolab so it should be removed from kolab3 xml string. Commenting this
field will work.

I could provide a patch but first I want to discuss those issues.

--
Mihai Bădici
http://mihai.badici.ro