Owncloud with Kolab LDAP Backend

Jan Kowalsky tuxus at notraces.net
Fri Dec 13 23:23:29 CET 2013

Hi Christian,

Am Friday, 13. December 2013 schrieb Christian Hügel:
> Hi,
>
> i just wanted to ask if someone managed to get the owncloud ldap-auth
> app  working with the kolab ldap backend? If yes, what particular
> entries are needed? I have managed to bind to kolab ldap but the user
> filter gives me headaches.

here it runs fine with:

host: ldap.example.org
Base dn: dc=example,dc=org
User dn: uid=kolab-service,ou=Special Users,dc=example,dc=org
Password: secret
User Login Filter (|(uid=%uid)(mail=%uid))
User List Filter: objectClass=person
Group Filter: objectClass=posixGroup

in the Ldap-Basic...

The User Login Filter is set for accepting uid or primary email-addresses.
uid=%uid does ist for only accepting uid.

What I didn't manage so far ist to restrict access to users with an special
role entry. If anybody has a hint how to do this, I would appreciate.

> This is the error message from dirsrv:
>
> 13/Dec/2013:21:22:01 +0100] NSACLPlugin - acllas__client_match_URL: url
> [ldap:///dc=example,dc=de??sub?(objectclass=*)] scope is subtree but dn
> [dc=example,dc=de] is not a suffix of [uid=kolab-service,ou=special
> users,dc=kolabmail,dc=de]

what where your entries?

Best Regards

Jan