LDAP anonymous access is not allowed during setup script

Levi Wheatcroft levi at wheatcrofts.com.au
Fri Aug 16 10:54:08 CEST 2013

Just getting an error re: anonymous access while runing setup-kolab.
Everthing goes fine until I input the Kolab Service password:

Please supply a Kolab Service account password. This account is used by
various
services such as Postfix, and Roundcube, as anonymous binds to the LDAP
server
will not be allowed.

Kolab Service password [yt6KmsBvo9YAARO]:
Confirm Kolab Service password:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/setup-kolab", line 42, in <module>
    setup.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/__init__.py", line
43, in run
    components.execute('_'.join(to_execute))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py", line
170, in execute
    execute(component)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/components.py", line
202, in execute
    components[component_name]['function'](conf.cli_args, kw)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pykolab/setup/setup_ldap.py", line
405, in execute
    auth._auth.ldap.add_s(dn, ldif)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 195, in
add_s
    return self.result(msgid,all=1,timeout=self.timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 458, in
result
    resp_type, resp_data, resp_msgid = self.result2(msgid,all,timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 462, in
result2
    resp_type, resp_data, resp_msgid, resp_ctrls =
self.result3(msgid,all,timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 469, in
result3
    resp_ctrl_classes=resp_ctrl_classes
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 476, in
result4
    ldap_result =
self._ldap_call(self._l.result4,msgid,all,timeout,add_ctrls,add_intermediates,add_extop)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 99, in
_ldap_call
    result = func(*args,**kwargs)
ldap.INAPPROPRIATE_AUTH: {'info': 'Anonymous access is not allowed.',
'desc': 'Inappropriate authentication'}

I've had a look through the list archives, there's a few relevant ones but
neither has a workaround or solution:

https://lists.kolabsys.com/pipermail/packaging-bugs/2012-November/000858.html

(ended up reinstalling VM)

https://lists.kolab.org/pipermail/devel/2012-October/013780.html

(arrives at the same error as me after a few other problems, then no more

I may have inadvertently caused this problem myself. First time round I
input the wrong password for the mysql root password, I got access denied
errors through the rest of the script. I've then tried to re-run the setup
script but can't get past this error. I've tried purging and reinstalling
the kolab metapackage and dependencies.

I'm running debian wheezy, and just followed through the APT package guide
on the wiki.

I have no idea how I can narrow down what the problem might be, thanks in
advance.