amavis doesn't start

Johannes Kehrer johannes at kehrer.by
Wed Aug 14 11:47:18 CEST 2013

Hello,
Problem solved. The error in my previous post was caused by a line break that
obviously "nano" inserted, when I set the variable $myhostname.
I didn't had a look there before, because the errormessage pointed me to some
php file....

However, amavis still reported an error, because uname -n doesn't show the
FQDN, only the name of the machine, in my case "mail" and not
"mail.kehrer.cc".

Now I set the variable "myhostname" to the FQDN and everything works.

BTW, the command hostname -f shows the FQDN....

Thanks,
Johannes