Use syncroton independently?

Aleksander Machniak machniak at kolabsys.com
Tue Apr 23 08:21:36 CEST 2013

On 04/22/2013 10:48 PM, list at airstreamcomm.net wrote:
> I guess my question was more out of the box can I stand up a syncroton
> instance without any modification and use it with a compatible IMAP
> server?  I took a look at the source code and documentation on the wiki
> but I am none the wiser.

The answer is no. Tine2.0 backend uses SQL storage and Kolab backend
works with IMAP but only with objects in kolab format (and depends on
libkolab(xml) library). So, you'd need to write your own backend for
Syncroton to use it with your software (until your software can store
objects in kolab format into IMAP).

--
Aleksander Machniak
Software Developer