[Kolab3] auto-created folders and addresses

Henne Holly henne.gwath at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 12:24:23 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have some domains, say domain.de and domain.com which are configured
as kolab-served domains. Mail gets delivered properly to user at domain.com
and user at domain.de if the user holds those addresses as alias or mail
property in ldap, though it's mailHost property is set to localhost and
the mailbox is hold by cyrus as user/user at domain.de by default. So far
so good.

Now I want to some addresses (e.g. user at domain.de AND user at domain.com)
to be auto-generated by kolab. I have one section [domain.de] in
kolab.conf which seems to apply to my user with "mailHost: localhost".

My question is: How does kolab know which users to serve? If I created a
section [domain.com] would this be also applied to all my users? Is this
just some DNS-resolving thing I have to set locally in /etc/hosts?

sincerly,
Henning