Sync-problem between kontact, roundcube, activesync

Lukas Gradl kolab at ssn.at
Mon Sep 17 14:37:43 CEST 2012

Am 2012-09-16 23:06, schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen:
> On Friday, September 14, 2012 04:37:14 PM Lukas Gradl wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Just startet to play around with Kolab 3.0.
>>
>> I installed a new system on CentOS 6.3 using the quick-install guide. I
>> added a user and can send mails to that account.
>>
>> I connected via several kontact instances and via roundcube. Then I
>> created an appointment and a Contact in each instance.
>>
>> After some time i can see the entries in all instances of Kontact but
>> not in roundcube, an entry created in roundcube I can not see in Kontact.
>>
>> ActiveSync I could'nt get to work at all - An Android-Smartphone told
>> me: "Could not connect to the server".
>>
>> So I've several questions:
>> 1.) How can I see the entries created in roundcube in contact and the
>> other way round?
>> 2.) Is there a HowTo for configuring ActiveSync in Kolab 3.0
>> 3.) When creating a new entry in Kontact - what to do to see it in
>> another Kontact-Instance and how long should that take?
>>

> Hi Lukas,
>
> please make sure that the Kontact version you are using is version 4.9.0 or
> later, and that you have enabled the Kolab v3 format:
>
>    http://wiki.kolab.org/Using_Kontact_with_Kolab3

I tried with Kubuntu Oneiric and KDE 4.9 Backports and with Kubuntu
Quantal which has KDE 4.9 from start. Both of them don't have the file
$HOME/.kde/share/config/akonadi_proxy_resourcerc or
$HOME/.kde/share/config/akonadi_kolabproxy_resourcerc.

I found in some Mailing-list entry: "Also, Ubuntu is no longer shipping
the kolab_proxy resource in precise, so Ubuntu users have to either
upgrade to quantal (the development version) or downgrade to oneiric or
an earlier version."
Perhaps this is for quantal as well?

Additionally I tried the latest Windows-Client beta out of the net.

> For ActiveSync, you may need to disable the use of SSL in the Android phone
> account settings, or alternatively:
>
>    # yum install mod_ssl
>    # service httpd restart
>
> Please remember to open up port 443 in the firewall if you have one running.

Already did that. On an Adroid phone I did a manual configuration:
Domain Username: \username (as specified in field UID in System Tab)
Password: as in roundcube
Exchange Server: Server name
SSL switched off (or on, no difference)

Result: Could not connect to server, the same credentials work in roundcube.

Thanks for your help,

Lukas

--

software security networks