kolab-utils

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Sun Sep 16 14:44:51 CEST 2012

On Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:17:25 AM Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> Has anybody been able to build kolab-utils
>
> It requires (KdepimLibs 4.9.50 REQUIRED) or 4.10
> Current versions available in the distros is 4.9.1 (it was jsut released a
> couple weeks ago)
> Bug # 1007 declined

Hi Thomas,

kolab-utils includes a freebusy generator / aggregator that uses the Cyrus
IMAP administrator credentials listed in the [cyrus-imap] section of
/etc/kolab/kolab.conf, to log in as the user for which Free/Busy information
is generated.

In order to do so, it depends on a specific capability in kdepim-libs (iirc),
that allows kolab-freebusyd to set the authorization name to the user.

This function is only available in kdepim >= 4.9.50.

Alternatively, for platforms that do not have kdepim >= 4.9.50 (frankly, at
the time of this writing, that is virtually all of them), we have
libcalendaring, which is a backport fork of the latest kdepim libraries in
order to provide these capabilities and functions. We currently distribute
this package for Fedora 16, 17, 18, Rawhide and Enterprise Linux 6 and compile
libkolab and kolab-utils against it.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--