Connectors and Kolab2.4

Dirk Werner dwerner at curiousbits.de
Mon Oct 29 12:52:08 CET 2012

On 10/26/2012 09:07 PM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> On Friday, October 26, 2012 03:57:24 PM Dirk Werner wrote:
>> I only tested the toltec connector and that works only
>> with altnamespace = no, which is not desired by the users, when all
>> folders are subfolders of Inbox.
> This is an issue you may want to take up with Toltec.
>
> What they should be using is the response to the NAMESPACE IMAP command.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen

Toltec has not adapted their connector since 09/2009 - I think I will
not take up this issue with them cause they seem to be not working
anymore at their product. The company, I work for has purchased fifteen
licenses and now they turn out to be useless. Setting altnamespace to
yes in Kolab 2.3.4 and obviously also in Kolab 2.4, breaks the complete
Groupware functionality, no shared folders and thus no shared
addressbooks and shared calendar functionality! I'm still fully
convinced that Kolab is great, but my customer does now plan to go back
to Windows SBS 2008 due to this realization. I don't have no points
anymore to persuade them from not doing this.

Many thanks though to everybody on this list and especially to Kolabsys
for the valuable help I did receive during the recent months!

Kind regards
Dirk