parsing error in email

Mihai Badici mihai at badici.ro
Mon Oct 15 09:00:29 CEST 2012

I finally manage to configure kolab-syncroton and now I can synchronize my
calendar, address book and inbox on my samsung.
However, I still have few issues I will wish to solve:

1. E-mail on mobile are not correctly displayed.
I think there is another parsing error, but I'm not sure from where it come.

I sent a mail containing "test" in plain text ( with telnet, to be sure there
are no additional tags added by the mail client).

On my mobile, is displayed as: <pre>test</pre>

html formatted mails had more tags displayed; I suppose the initial <html> tag
is missing .
Contacts and Calendar events are displayed fine.

2. When I register my mobile, in roundcube there are two rows , instead of
one.
See:
http://mihai.badici.ro/linux/registering.png

However there is only one "DEVICE" record in metadata file.
If I register and configure no matter which row, the settings are valid for
both ( which is pretty normal, because I have only one device)

Might be another parsing error somewhere...

3. For tasting purposes, I tried to register my old HTC with Windows mobile 6.
During registration, I have the following error :
db error in rcube_db.php()
illegal mix of collation (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and
(utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation "="

( there are more errors but I think that's the idea)
I suppose is due to fact windows mobile don't use utf; I don't need to
synchronize such extincted operating system but I wanted to notice the issue.