Kolab 3.0 and sync

Jack Farley jack at theweldstudio.com
Thu Oct 11 11:50:15 CEST 2012

Hello,

I have been using Kolab sync functionality for a while now and have
recently
decided to try out official release of it (previously I was running Postfix
&
Dovecot).

I initially tried installing it on Fedora 17, which didn't work (managed to
get the web interface to work, but not imap [as I have had very little
experience with cyrus, I didn't try to figure out why]), but have now
installed
it on CentOS 6.3. All seems to be good apart from synchronising
contacts and
calendar events. A large part of it seems to be to do with Akonadi and
Kontact
(importing vcs and vcf files that disappear from Kontact within 5 mins -
an
example file is attached [go the Phoenix]).

I have managed to get contacts and calendar events created in
Kontact to sync
with both the server and my cellphone (using Kolab-sync for android).
However
these contacts and events don't show up in the roundcube web
interface. Is
there something else that needs to be done to achieve this?

Cheers.

From,
Jack