Kolab 3.0 on CentOS / Debian Wheezy

Stefan Fröhlich stefan-f at dodo.com
Fri Nov 30 12:55:25 CET 2012

Hi,

after some trial and errors I got Kolab 3.0 running on CentOS 6.3. But
I'd like to have it on Debian. So i freshly installed Debian Wheezy and
installed Kolab 3.0 on that. The installation went through without a
problem as well as setup-kolab. I was able to login into Kolab Web
admin. Kolab Web admin seems to ignore the setting auto_fields_admin_rw
in kolab.conf under section kolab_wap. It doesn't matter what the value
is, the important field values (primary email address and UID) are
always read only and can't be modified. So I decided to enter surname in
the given name field and the given name in the surname which provided
best results.
After that I tried to login into roundcube. Everything was looking good.
But when I tried to send an email it gave me an error and the mail was
not send.
Yesterday I repeated from scratch and installed a fresh Debian Wheezy
again and the latest Kolab 3.0. This time after login into Roundcube it
immediately came up with the error message that the mailbox doesn't exist.
I'm going to restart from scratch again today and dig a little bit
deeper into the error logs. But for now I want to know:
What about the auto_fields_admin_rw value in kolab.conf?

MfG Stefan Fröhlich
42 ;-)

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.