Roundcube identities

Sebastian Albrink mylists at albrink.net
Wed Nov 28 19:15:13 CET 2012

>> Hi all!
>>
>> After using Kolab 2.x for several years, I just set up a Kolab 3 test
>> environment. It's up and running on CentOS 6.3. Thanks for the great
>> work!
>>
>> While playing around with the new system, I noticed that I cannot set
>> custom identity in Roundcube. This is the error message I get:
>>
>> postfix/submission/smtpd[7568]: C66C53FF58: reject: DATA from
>> localhost[127.0.0.1]: 554 5.7.1 <DATA>: Data command rejected: Could
>> not
>> find envelope sender user some_identity at myothermailaddress.net;
>> from=<some_identity at myothermailaddress.net>
>> to=<test_destination at expample.org> proto=ESMTP helo=<my.mail.domain>
>>
>> Is this a bug or a feature or did I miss something during setup?
>>

> A user is only allowed to send email messages using an envelope sender
> address that is either directly associated with the user (i.e., for
> which the user is also the recipient), or for which the user has been
> explicitly authorized.
>
> If you want to be able to send with $somethingelse at example.org, you
> should set the extra alias to the corresponding user in the web
> administration panel first.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen

Thanks! Adding an alias in Kolab Webadmin worked. :) I just tried adding
a "mailAlternateAddress" which did not work.

[1] says "Envelope sender addresses that a user is typically allowed to
use include primary and secondary email addresses directly associated
with the user's entity in the authentication and authorization
database." but both, alias and mailAlternateAddress, are labled
"secondary email address" in Kolab Webadmin.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a hint in Roundcube or in Kolab Webadmin?

Best regards,
Sebastian

[1]
http://docs.kolab.org/de-DE/Kolab_Groupware/3.0/html/Architecture_and_Design/chap-Architecture_and_Design-Kolab_SMTP_Access_Policy.html#sect-Architecture_and_Design-Kolab_SMTP_Access_Policy-Kolab_SMTP_Access_Policy_in_Action_During_Submission