Kolab 2.4 on Mageia

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue May 15 00:58:48 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-14 23:48, Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) wrote:
> On 2012-05-14 21:38, Richard wrote:
>> Please state which packages need patches compared to upstream
>> project
>> to make kolab work.
>>

> Sure, let me start from the beginning. It's too big a list to create
> table for in the Wiki, I'm afraid, if we were to try and keep track
> of
> which package, what the description is, the platform, the platform
> version, the repositories in which the package is included... Perhaps
> we
> should find a way of sharing a spreadsheet or something.

Please also note it's looking like kolab-fbview, and all of the
php-pear-Horde-* and php-pear-Kolab-* packages are not going to be
needed by the time we release Kolab 3.0.

This will subsequently also remove the need for the myrights and
annotations patches currently required against php and uw-imap.

What we are then left with is vanilla upstream all the way through.

If any sort of review process for the distribution you are packaging
for is in any way as lengthy and painful as the Fedora Project's, it may
just not be worth the effort to include the 60-odd Horde packages *and*
the out-of-tree patches into the distribution, but instead focus on
those we carry forward.

Meanwhile, we can offer mirror space for repositories right next to
where all the other packages live on http://mirror.kolabsys.com/pub/.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--