Kolab Intermediate 2.4 Release

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Wed May 9 17:46:19 CEST 2012

Am Wednesday 09 May 2012 16:47:02 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):
> On 2012-05-09 14:59, Heiner Markert wrote:
> > Am Wednesday 09 May 2012 14:30:31 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
> > Systems):
> >> >

> >> I would need a bit more detail on what happens here exactly, perhaps
> >> with a -d 9 command-line option (capture output with "setup-kolab -d
> >> 9
> >> 2>&1 | tee setup-kolab.log" for example), but I can say this:
> >> setup-kolab isn't as robust in that it blindly attempts to execute a
> >> series of actions whether they have been performed or attempted
> >> before.
> >>
> >> So, if the 389 LDAP server setup succeeds, a subsequent run of
> >> setup-kolab should not include the ldap component. See 'setup-kolab
> >> help' for a list of components.
> >>

> > I now tried to run setup-kolab mysql and learned that the "yum
> > install kolab"-step did not install the mysql server.
>
> I thought I had fixed that by now, but it appears I haven't - I'm
> building an update to rectify this right now.
>
> > I get additional errors in the "imap" step:
> > # LANG=C setup-kolab imap
> > cyrus-imapd beenden:                                       [  OK  ]
> > cyrus-imapd starten:                                       [  OK  ]
> > kolab-saslauthd beenden:
> > [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
> > kolab-saslauthd starten: Traceback (most recent call last):
> > (...snip...)
> > LookupError: unknown encoding: CHARSET
> >
> > [FEHLGESCHLAGEN]
> >

> The error here is with the translation files. I've corrected the
> problem by simply re-generating them all and pretending I have authored
> them.
>
> > Afterwards, the remaining steps worked ok (roundcube, z-push,
> > freebusy) and I can see the kolab-webadmin in the browser.
> > However, I cannot login: What is the admin username? It used to be
> > "manager" in earlier kolab versions, but that does not seem to work
> > any longer. Or do I have to use a special username/password
> > combination?
> >

> You should initially use "cn=Directory Manager" with the password you
> had supplied.
>
> This will allow you to add new users, which, when added a role of
> 'kolab-admin' should be allowed to add/edit/remove users as well.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jeroen van Meeuwen

That worked, thank you!
Maybe I just do not see the option, but when I log into the admin interface and select "Users", I do not see any possibility to actually add a user...
All I can do is search for existing users, configure the search, reset the search, switch to "Groups" or "About" view, and log out.

The apache error log states
sh: /usr/lib64/mozldap/ldapsearch: Permission denied
when logging into the web interface or when opening the "Groups"-panel, but no errors appear when loading the "Users" panel.

Kind regards,
Heiner