evolution-kolab and android sync

Christian Hilberg hilberg at kernelconcepts.de
Thu May 3 12:18:38 CEST 2012

Hi (again),

Am Donnerstag 03 Mai 2012, um 11:33:19 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):
> Hi Christian,
>
> thank you for your feedback. You're referring to restarting
> evolution-data-server a couple of times, but -and pardon my ignorance-
> how does one restart the evolution-data-server?
> [...]

In case you do not want to start all over, but just restart E-D-S,
you can simply restart the factory processes which do comprise
E-D-S. I've written a simple script to start both, E-D-S and Evolution,
each process in it's own xterm. The script (see [0]) is rather
crude, and you will need to adjust a few variables at the start
of the script, but you may find it helpful for testing. When stopping
Evo, E-D-S as run by the script will be kept running. Another call
to the script will start new E-D-S processes, which will make the
old ones to terminate, and start another instance of Evo (close the
running Evo instance before running the script again).

Kind regards,

	Christian

[0] http://www.kernelconcepts.de/~hilberg/evolution-kolab/start-evo

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-14
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48