evolution-kolab and android sync

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu May 3 11:33:19 CEST 2012

On 2012-05-03 9:33, Christian Hilberg wrote:
> Hi Jeroen,

Hi Christian,

thank you for your feedback. You're referring to restarting
evolution-data-server a couple of times, but -and pardon my ignorance-
how does one restart the evolution-data-server?

Up and until now, I've simply killed all processes with 'evolution'
like so;

   $ ps aux | grep [e]volution | awk '{print $2}' | xargs -n 1 kill -9

I'm going to add a user on my workstation so I can nicely logout, pkill
-u and rm -rf ~. That should definitely do the trick restarting from
scratch, no?

>> but I have trouble completely configuring my Kolab account.
>>
>> - Kolab Account list is empty,
>
> True. There is a new feature planned but not yet implemented which
> will
> allow you to configure a mail account for a Kolab IMAP server and
> re-use
> that data when configuring a calendar or address book. The re-use of
> this
> data is not yet implemented, only the GUI widgets are there.

Is it reasonable to expect, if an existing Kolab account is configured
with Evolution, the folders marked with folder-type event and contact
are automatically made calendars and address books?

>> - Kolab Server input field is set to my local fqdn,
>
> One bug to kill. This will be cleaned up (it is more an annoyance
> than a bug,
> really, it is a leftover greeting from 2.30 era).

Is there an issue tracker we can refer to for evolution-kolab?

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG