Z-Push and ActiveSync on Mac [was: Kolab on Mac OS X?]

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Fri Mar 16 15:32:04 CET 2012

On 2012-03-16 14:20, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Hi Jeroen:
>
> Am Freitag 16 März 2012, 14:37:55 schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab
> Systems):
>> I don't recall this functionality / requirement having been raised
>> before.
>>
>> Could you tell me about the client software you are using, and what
>
> iCal seems to support CalDav/WebDav, but I don't know how to
> configure it in Kolab.  Subscribing to *.ics calendar URL's works,
> but
> the calendar is read-only, and national utf8 characters are wrongly
> encoded.

We're not ready yet, but the target is to capitalize on the work
providing CalDAV / CardDAV alongside IMAP with Cyrus IMAP.

> No idea what might work for the address book.

Probably CardDAV?

> The basic question is: how can I integrate a box running Mac OS X
> with Kolab?
>
> I know that there were attempts to build Kontact for OS X.

I'm not entirely sure where the current distributable installer
packages reside, but I'm sure someone else knows - I secretly put
someone in BCC that I think knows exactly where they are, I'm hoping for
a quick response.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--