Z-Push and ActiveSync on Mac [was: Kolab on Mac OS X?]Hi all!

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Tue Mar 13 16:52:19 CET 2012

On 2012-03-13 14:53, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Am Montag 12 März 2012, 09:56:58 schrieb Albrecht Dreß:
>> dumb question: what is the status of support for Mac OS X with
>> Kolab?
>>
>> My boss got a new MacBook with MS Office 2011 (which comes with
>> Outlook), and would like to get the same access as with
>> Outlook/Windows.  Any chance to use something like a connector?  Are
>> there alternative, e.g. using Apple Mail?
>
> I tried to play with ActiveSync, similar to iPhone, using Apple's
> iCal.  I could configure the 'Exchange' Account, but did not get a
> connection.  The Apache logs on the Kolab server tell me that iCal
> tries to connect to
>
> "POST /EWS/Exchange.asmx HTTP/1.1" 404 382 "-" "Mac OS X/10.7.3
> (11D50d); ExchangeWebServices/2.1 (125); iCal/5.0.2 (1571)"

Hi Albrecht,

the client is attempting to use Exchange Web Services, which is the new
Exchange 2010 services interface, rather then ActiveSync.

These two services are not compatible, and Kolab Groupware currently
has no integration layer that enables the use of EWS.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Systems Architect, Kolab Systems AG