Possible installation bug of Kolab 2.4 on Centos 6.2

Michael Harnden mike at rochestervball.com
Fri Jun 1 21:17:42 CEST 2012

Hi,
Trying to test out 2.4 on a VirtualBox installation of Centos 6.2.

I am having problems with the mysql portion of the setup. If I use a password
with a # in it, the installation fails with the mysql error root at localhost
denied. Yet I can log in via the command line using the password containing
the #.

If I don't use a #, the installation goes fine before the final starting of
kolabd failing with a Permission denied: '/var/log/kolab/pykolab.log' error.
Which I can fix by changing the permissions on the kolab folder

Thanks,
Mike