Error installing Kolab on Centos 6.2

Jeroen van Meeuwen vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Thu Jul 26 14:16:01 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:42:56 AM Javier Romero wrote:
> *Dear Sir:*
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> I´ve run the setup again with the -d 9 option and these are the results:

> *setup-kolab -d 9
> WARNING: The Fully Qualified Domain Name or FQDN for this system is
> incorrect. Falling back to 'localdomain'.

This indicates that the server's IP address does not have an appropriate
reverse DNS entry, and the setup of the LDAP directory server will therefor
fail.

You should use the first non-loopback IP address of the server and add an
entry to /etc/hosts with that IP address and a fully qualified domain name.

> Please supply a password for the LDAP administrator user 'admin', used to
> login to the graphical console of 389 Directory server.
>
> Administrator password []:
> Confirm Administrator password:

The fact that the default password is empty is confusing - is this the actual
output when you run setup-kolab, or did you remove it?

If it was empty in the output already, it seems /dev/urandom cannot be read.

> This setup procedure plans to set up Kolab Groupware for the following
> domain name space. This domain name is obtained from the reverse DNS entry
> on your network interface. Please confirm this is the appropriate domain
> name space.
>
>  [Y/n]: Y
>
> The standard root dn we composed for you follows. Please confirm this is
> the root
> dn you wish to use.
>
> dc= [Y/n]: Y

These too being empty is not a good sign, if indeed they were empty as you ran
setup-kolab.

> 2012-07-25 11:05:06,136 pykolab.setup INFO Setting up 389 Directory Server
> 2012-07-25 11:05:06,635 pykolab.setup DEBUG [1877]: Setup DS stdout:
> 2012-07-25 11:05:06,635 pykolab.setup DEBUG [1877]: Creating directory
> server . . .
> The port number '389' is not available for use.  This may be due to an
> invalid port number, or the port already being in use by another
> program, or low port restriction.  Please choose another value for
> ServerPort.  Error: $!
> Error: Could not create directory server instance 'hostname'.
> Exiting . . .
> Log file is '/tmp/setupDIZhXS.log'

The setup for the directory server is failing. Some process is using port 389
already;

  netstat -lntp | grep :389

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen