Aunthenticating Kolab users through Active Directory

Georg C. F. Greve greve at kolabsys.com
Wed Jan 25 16:28:04 CET 2012

On Monday 09 January 2012 13.32:03 Mlungisi Sibanda wrote:
> is the a way l can get my Kolab users to use my Windows Active Directory
> for aunthentication?

On the Community Edition: Only with a lot of work by someone who knows Kolab
quite well and effectively replaces the pre-defined LDAP setup.

On the Enterprise Edition it depends on your goals & platform.

We have done this for a very large load-balanced, high-available and site-
reliable installation based on CentOS before for one of our customers.

For smaller installations that is most likely way too much overhead, a good
chance for you might be to take a pre-integrated solution for this.

As far as "out of the box" solutions are concerned, you could go with

	Univention Corporate Server 2.4 w/ Univention Active Directory Connector
	(see http://www.univention.de/en/)

on which you can get Kolab deployed in enterprise quality within an hour, see

	http://kolabsys.com/ucsinstall

All in all it should be doable within a day.

This way you could administrate Kolab users through Active Directory.

UCS 3.0 will provide even more features, but you'll have to wait a few weeks
for the Kolab packages on the new version.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve