Horde not able to preview email.

Alvin info at alvin.be
Sat Jan 14 20:34:22 CET 2012

On Thu, 12 Jan 2012 21:06:43 +0100, Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de> wrote:

> Alvin <info at alvin.be> schrieb:

>> [...]
>>>
>>> For the record: This is already mentioned in 1st.README:
>>>      - Your system (C library) has to support all languages you want
>>>        have available in the web admin interface, the web client and
>>>        fbview. For most languages you have to use the non-UTF-8 and
>>>        non-euro locales, i.e. de_DE, fr_FR, it_IT, nl_NL instead of
>>>        e.g. de_DE at euro. For fbview some languages need a UTF-8
>> locale,
>>>        e.g. ja_JP.UTF-8 for Japanese.  The web client needs UTF-8
>>>        locale in addition to the non-UTF-8 ones in some situations.
>> So
>>>        it's best to install all variants for every language which
>> shall
>>>        be supported.  See kolab/issue2732 (Horde and Web Admin
>>>        Interface Language Selection depends on OS locale support) for
>>>        details.
>>>
>>> I think we'll need to update these instruction to also include the
>> webclient.
>>
>> I don't manage to make Horde see the locale on Debian Squeeze.
>> I ran # dpkg-reconfigure locales and chose en_US.UTF-8 as default. This
>>
>> puts the chosen locales in /etc/locale.gen and the default in
>> /etc/default/locale.
>>
>> Still, the messages can't be previewed in Horde. They can be seen when
>> opened. Is there something else to be done?
>>

> Did you try restarting the apache Server? Might help though I must admit
> that I had exactly this problem after updating a customers server today
> and a restart was unnecessary.

Well, yes. I also cleard the horde cache:
rm -v /kolab/var/kolab/webclient_data/tmp/cache_*

The weird part is that it actually worked, but now preview is disabled
again. I can't remember exactly what I did and when it stopped working. I
only remember running kolabconf after changing some settings back the
default.

I'll try to backtrack. Can someone answer me if this is the usual course
of action to fix this?
- dpgk-reconfigure locales (choose some .UTF-8 locales, choose a default,
like en_US.UTF-8)
- rm -v /kolab/var/kolab/webclient_data/tmp/cache_*
- /kolab/bin/openpkg rc apache restart